The Chosen Series Summer Shorts

Results of April Poll: What makes you decide to read a book?
May 10, 2012
The Amazon Book Popularity List
May 19, 2012

The Chosen Series Summer Shorts

I’ve been playing with the idea of a novella prequel for The Chosen series (Emmanuella, Raphael and Alex from very early in the game) as well as several short story ideas.

So, after some thought and multiple, somewhat needy discussions with some friends, I’ve decided to release one short story every month during the summer. June will be about Emma when Jake was two years old and began to have visions. July will be a story about Will and his life before his court marshal, showing who he used to be. And August is really fun.

You get to decide.

My June poll will list several story ideas and you get to VOTE on which one you want me to write. The winning story suggestion will be the story for August.

Here’s the best part:  I’ll have the short stories available on Amazon for $0.99,  but if you’re on my email newsletter list, you get a link to read the story for free.

You read that right. You get to read it for FREE! This is my thanks to YOU for reading my books!

Now I have to come up with ideas for you all to vote on…

1. Cyndy Andren says:

What a great idea!! Not sure if I’m on your email newsletter list or not (does facebook and Twitter count?) but it’s all good! I will gladly pay .99 (or more) to read your short stories!!!

2. Denise Grover Swank says:

Cyndy, thank you!!!! The sign up for my newsletter is on the sidebar, right above this month’s poll and right under my book release dates.

3. Jen Stayrook says:

FAB-U-LOUS. *signs up*

4. Kathy rice says:

Your Comments
    OMG!! I’m so excited!!! I can’t wait!

5. Just finished Hunted – going back for Sacrifice today. Think your ideas about Emma and Will’s backstories is brilliant!

6. Denise Grover Swank says:

I’m so glad you like the idea, Kathy!!!

And thanks, Heidi!I hope you like Sacrifice!

7. Great idea! You are the maven of marketing! And I admire your prolificness. (is that a word?)
    Larissa

8. Denise Grover Swank says:

Thank you, Larissa. And it’s a word now. But then again, you’re talking to the woman who loves to verb nouns. 😉

9. I love all your books and will read whatever you write. Thank you for minutes of reading. lol

10. Denise Grover Swank says:

Janet, thank you so much!!! And you’re welcome!!!

11. Kappi says:

Thank you for this!! I read Chosen and am looking forward to reading the others in the series.

Here was fantastic and right now I am reading Twenty-Eight and a Half Wishes.

I love the way you write!!

12. Mary says:

our Comments

just finished sacrifice and absolutely loved it! can hardly wait for Redemption. The short stories are a great idea, just what I need to keep me going until October

13. BEST

IDEA

EVER!!!!!!!!

I cannot wait for these to come out..thankfully June is almost here so I won’t have to wait much longer for it!!!!