My friend and fellow member of Heartland Romance Authors has a new book release this week!!! I had the honor of reading an ARC of Soul Seducer and was asked to write a blurb. I invited Alicia to come back and visit us to celebrate her release with a guest blog post. Here’s what I had to say:
“Dark and steamy, Soul Seducer seduces you from the first page.” —Denise Grover Swank bestselling author of The Chosen Series
I bet you want to read it now, don’t you??? But before you click on the link at the bottom to get your copy, check out Alicia’s guest post below.
Thank you for having me as a guest on your blog, Denise. I’m so happy to be here. First of all, I’d like to say that I’m in total awe and admiration of your success. You recently reached 100,000 sales? That’s incredible. Congratulations on that and your Writer Touch Reader’s Award win!
Happy Wednesday everyone! Today, I thought that instead of talking about my writing, I’d ask a few questions of you (as writers and readers). I’ll give my answers first, then I’d like to hear from each of you. You can answer as many or as few of them as you’d like:
1. What is your favorite genre(s)?
Paranormal and Suspense
2. I know it’s impossible for me to say what my very favorite book is, so the question is, what is one of your favorite books, one that really sticks with you and why?
Mystic River by Dennis Lehane. I was enthralled with the characters, and what they’d suffered. Especially at the end with Jimmy and Dave. They were on totally opposite sides, yet it was easy to understand and sympathize with what each of them were going through. It was also to understand the difficult decisions they had to make, and why they did what they did, even though it had tragic results.
3. What qualities in a character resonate with you and make you connect with them enough that you want to keep reading and find out what happens to them. (You can name a just a few. I know this could get rather lengthy)
A character who has flaws, and has done something bad in the past but is trying to find redemption. Or, a character who does something bad in the present, but they do it for a good reason.
4. As a reader, what is it that authors do that drives you crazy and make you put down a book?
I can’t stand present tense writing, whether it’s first or third person. I find it jarring and impossible to get into the book, so I have never finished one.
5. Hot or not? Do you prefer detailed explicit sex scenes in your romances, or would you rather the author show sexual tension but leave the actual act to the imagination?
I enjoy books that have either no sex or detailed sex, although I’m not a fan of actual erotica.
6. I’ve found that most writers have strengths and weaknesses, even though they aren’t always able to identify them. If you’re a writer, what is the ‘issue’ that you struggle with the most in writing, or in other words, your weakness? What is your strength?
My weakness, (although I have several, I’ll only mention one), is probably evoking emotion and making readers connect with my characters. My strength would probably be creepiness and suspense.
Although I said this isn’t about me or my writing, I will quickly mention that I have a new release, Soul Seducer. If you’d like to check it out, go to: http://www.crimsonromance.com/new-release-romance-ebook/soul-seducer/
My website is: www.Aliciadean.com
My email address is: Aliciamdean@aol.com