Thirty-Four and a Half Predicaments Bonus Scenes

The Player Cover Reveal and Chapters Excerpt
May 15, 2015
PENNED Con Information
June 24, 2015

Thirty-Four and a Half Predicaments Bonus Scenes

Many, many readers have asked me to write a novella between Thirty-Four and a Half Predicaments and Thirty-Five and a Half Conspiracies, and I’ve said no. There will be no novella.

But…

That doesn’t mean there can’t be bonus scenes.

Over the summer, and maybe into the fall until the release of Thirty-Five in November, I’m going to release what I’m calling “bonus chapters.” These  chapters fall between Thirty-Four and the beginning of Thirty-Five. They will all be strictly other character POVs. There might be one chapter. There might be two. I’m writing them as they fit into my crazy summer schedule.

I’ve written the first two chapters and I’m releasing them on Tuesday, June 2. Here’s a hint: The first chapter is from Mason’s POV.

How can you read them?

Like the previous novellas, I’ll post links and passwords to the chapters. I’ll be sending out several newsletters between now and November 3, so you’ll have to read the emails and see if the links and passwords are inside. Hint: These chapters are bonus, so they will not be leading my newsletters. The newsletters will be sent out for other reasons so the  link and password will be a the bottom of the email.

Now a few things:

1) I have no idea how many chapters I will write. Again, I’m fitting these into my schedule. You’ll need to watch the newsletter so see if I’ve posted new chapters.

2) Yes, they are short. PLEASE do not message or email me that you’re upset and angry that they are too short. (Although I do recognize and appreciate good-natured posts saying you  want more.)  If you don’t like reading a few chapters at a time, then read the bonus material closer to the release of Thirty-Five.

3) No, I don’t know when I will post the last one. See #1.

4) I do not plan to put these chapters for sale. I usually put the novellas up for sale, but since I have no idea how many chapters there will be, I’ve decided to keep the content free. When Thirty-Five comes out, I will most likely put them at the end of Thirty-Four.

5) There is no title for these chapters other than “Thirty-Four And a Half Predicaments Bonus Chapters.”

6) Yes, I plan to include a chapter from Skeeter. 🙂

7) No, I do not plan to include a chapter from Joe.

8) Yes, I am mean. My children will attest to this. 😉

9) I think most or all of the chapters take place the evening at the end of Thirty-Four. Consider them the reactions of supporting characters. This is truly bonus material.

10) If you have not read Thirty-Four and a Half Predicaments, THIS WILL HAVE MAJOR SPOILERS.

11) You will not have to read the bonus content to understand what’s going on in Thirty-Five and a Half Conspiracies. If anything important is mentioned, it will be repeated in Thirty-Five.

12) I’m writing this bonus material as a gift to y’all. Please, please, please do not email, message, or Tweet me to complain about the bonus material. I received so much negative feedback about the limited length of time Ripple of Secrets was available on my website that I considered not doing this at all.

All that being said, I really do like giving y’all extra reading material. And I really loved writing the first two chapters. I don’t always know what characters will do until I write them. Believe it or not, I worry about my characters too. I like seeing what they are doing.

REMEMBER, to read you must be signed up for my newsletter! Click here to sign up.  There’s also a place at the top of the upper right sidebar.

1. Brittany says:

Thank you for taking the time to give us extra chapters. I’m rereading the series too :).

2. jill stoyles says:

Thanks Denise for doing this, I really appreciate it and it will ease my DGS syndrome symptoms lol. Just ignore the ignorant people who moan, your stories are amazing. Take care 🙂

3. melanie says:

Can’t wait!!!!!!

4. mariamne says:

Thank you so much!

5. Lori Cook says:

You blow me away!

I’m trying to figure out when I can fit in cataract surgery in this summer between work, covering vacations for people at work and my own vacations. You have major house renovations, a house full of kids, a schedule full of traveling and all the books you are doing. I cannot imagine when you would find time to add more Rose for us.

Thank you for being so awesome.

6. Melanie Hodges says:

Denise, I’ve said it before and I’ll say it again, you’re an angel! If anyone has the cheek to complain, delete their message and email from your mailing list. I don’t see any other authors doing this, especially for free and with your crazy children and hectic life and schedule.

Your genuine fans appreciate ALL YOU DO for your readers xx

7. Jodi hill says:

Ooh!! Exiting! If people moan tell them to sod off 😉
    You’re nothing but generous to us 🙂

8. Whitney Blakley says:

My sister got me started on this series and I am obsessed….therefore I also told a coworker about the series and now she is obsessed as well! I love all the characters! Thank you for giving us a little something til the new book comes out! 🙂

9. Jenn says:

You are an absolutely amazing and talented author and such an amazing person. I am thrilled to get as much of Rose as I can. It saddens me that you get any negativity but know you have so many positive supporters out here.

10. Lindsay says:

*gasp*. People complain?!?! I have nothing but positive things to say for you and I think it is great there is no novella this time (you can’t do one after every book…). I only recently discovered the Rose Gardner series (a month ago?) and plowed through them as fast as I could. So now, of course, the waiting game is difficult, but I have since convinced all my reader friends to also pick up this series so I have people to listen to my theories. :). I love these books so much and I am slightly terrified what you are going to have these beloved characters go through, but that is why you are the author and I am not. If I were writing I would say, “…and Rose and Mason ran off and lived happily ever after on a tropical island. The end. P.s. They had lots of amazing sex.”
    Thank goodness you are writing these books 🙂

11. Alina says:

You just made my day! I love your work Denise!

12. Tammy says:

Thank you so much Denise. I love all your books and waiting until November is so far away. I am appalled that others would complain, I look at all you do as a gift ans I so appreciate your gift!

13. Valerie Jennings says:

Thank you so much!I love your books and the fact you care about your readers. As for all the negative comments you’ve had before please ignore them. We love you!

14. Jenny Clark says:

Thank you Dennis… Am so looking forward to reading them x

15. Candy says:

thank you Denise!!!

16. Sandy Bartles says:

I am very appreciative of all you do for us. I guess some people don’t realize thT this is a GIFT. You are not required to read it. As I wS growing up, my parents would always say “Some people just aren’t happy unless they have something to groan about”.

17. Kristy H says:

You will never hear a complaint from me, happy with what I can get to hold over until November

18. Mandy says:

How rude of people to complain to you. I would just like to say that I appreciate every word you write whether lots or a few. The different POV’s are awesome. I look forward to each one. Can’t wait for the next book too. Thanks again xx

19. Catherine says:

Thank you! !

20. Melissa says:

Yay for bonus chapters! Can’t believe people are so disrespectful and ungrateful as to message you complaining the novella’s were too short. It’s like people don’t understand what a novella is alllllll about!

21. wilma purdie says:

Anything to keep me going until november. I don’t care how long they are. 🙂

22. Kelley dion says:

All I can say is Thank You … for all you give to us every time you write a fabulous book. You share it with us and give us a part of you every time. You are an amazing Author who gives to us all worth type time and giveawaysand words often. Again Thanks

23. Jo Ann Reinhold says:

Thank you, thank you, thank you!!!!!

24. Joy. Okeefe says:

i so love all you write,so I’m grateful for anything .Thankyou

25. Felicia says:

Major OMG!!! Thank you so very much for thinking of us and deciding to share the extra insight! For me, a little here and there is so much better than nothing at all so considering how very busy you are, I will take whatever you are willing to share! Again thank you so very much Denise!

26. Beverly DuBerry says:

Thank you so much Denise! I love this series! You are such a thoughtful person. I love how you appreciate your fans! Can’t wait to read more!

27. Beth F says:

You are the best! Thanks for all the wonderful things you do for your readers!

28. Rhea says:

Thank you so much!!! People have no right to complain, especially when you keep making the novellas free and keep the price of all your books so low. You are truly a generous heart and we love you!!!

29. michelle Byers says:

Thanks ,thanks & more thanks. Your a dear.

30. Kristin Jennings says:

Thank you Denise!!!! I can’t wait to read Mason and Skeeter’sPOV! You ate so good to your fans! (Sorry about the exclamation points, I’m just so excited!)

31. Dawn says:

What a generous and wonderful gift to your readers! You are appreciated!

32. monica fenwick says:

please notify me of any follow-up comments by email and new post by email

33. BB says:

I was genuinely distraught at the end of 34 because I knew 35 wouldn’t be out for a while. With this, I’ll be able to fill the void until 35 is released! You really do spoil your readers and we truly appreciate it. Easily one of the best series I’ve read in years. Despite the negative feedback you get, a lot of your readers are appreciative of what you have to offer. Love, love, love Rose Gardner and all of her antics. Please keep it going!

34. Natalie Wheeler says:

Thank you so much, Denise! I just finished re-reading the series this morning, so you can’t imagine my surprise and delight to get your newsletter announcing the two bonus chapters! You rock, ily 🙂

35. teresa says:

looking forward to skeeter’s pov, i keep checking my emails.

36. Amy Webb says:

I can’t believe people gave you grief about how long Ripple of Secrets was! That’s the whole point of a Novella to keep up engaged until the next book comes out, good grief! Thank you for doing what you do and doing it so well!

37. Edgar says:

I really love the POV novellas. Like most fans I’m eagerly waiting for Skeeters POV.l can’t believe that you got negative reviews for “ripples” I preordered it even though I read it for free in the newsletter. It’s that good. Also ,Kate’s POV was a refreshing insight into the Simmons family. Excellent characterization of the main characters is what excites me with this series.

38. Allison says:

Thank you! Thank you! Thank you!
    I love all the books and novellas, and I can’t believe anyone would give you negative feedback. You keep readers wanting more…isn’t that the point of your job? 🙂
    I am so excited about these bonus chapters!

39. Kellie says:

Thank you for the bonus chapters! I can get my Rose fix while waiting for the next novel. A true fan doesn’t complain about them being short, we’re just thankful for the breadcrumbs you offer. Rock on!

40. Gita says:

Thank you so much for the bonus chapters Denise. I so love the series, you’re an amazing writer. Like many of your avid readers, waiting for Skeeters POV.

41. Elaine says:

Thank you for taking time to write these bonus chapters, I just love your books.

42. Hanadi says:

Hello!

I am addicted to this series and your writing. You’re a great writer. Have you released the short POV chapters that were set for June 2? If so I didn’t receive the email from the mailing list. Please let me know as I am anxious to continue reading!!!

43. Jacquelyn says:

Thank you so much for all the love and effort you putting into writing such amazing books. I truly love the Rose Garner series and reading them helped me through some of my own issues I have been dealing with. I do have a question though. I signed up for your newsletter but I have not received the bonus chapters. Did they come out on June 2nd and if so, how do I go about getting a copy of them? Once again thank you for this amazing series. Can’t wait till November.

44. Diane says:

I lucked into this series by downloading the fist book free, I was hooked immediately. Thank you for the wonderful cast of characters and the novella’s with the different POV’s. So enjoy your writing that I cruised through all the series within 2 weeks! Unfortunately I did not sign up for the newsletter until June 2nd and did not receive it. How do I get a copy of it with the links for the 2 bonus chapters you’ve already released?

45. Krizzele says:

When will you release the next bonus chapters??:(

46. Nancy says:

How do I get a copy of the first 2 chapters that were released on June 2? (and any subsequent if there have been any) I love these books and can not wait until November for the next! I didn’t sign up for the newsletter until today.

• Nancy says:

So I signed up for notifications and subscriptions and in the subscrition confirmation email it lists “Great content you might have missed…” with the link to Thirty-four Bonus Chapters Part One, but I need a password! Help!!

47. Jessica says:

Finally had a chance to read Thity Four. I loved it of course & can not wait for Thirty Five- seriously November can’t cone quick enough!! Sadly though I somehow missed the email with the first bonus chapters. I LOVE the POVs & the novellas. Is there anyway to still be able to read them? 🙂

48. Paola says:

I just now (7/20/15) signed up. Will I still be able to get the bonus chapters if they’ve already been released? Please say Yes!

49. Carlie says:

I signed up earlier this month but never received any emails other than my confirmation email.

50. Miranda says:

I received the first bonus chapters, but am afraid I haven’t received anymore. Please tell me I haven’t missed any! And if so how could I get them now?

51. Mary says:

I just got hooked on these books , as I was never a “reader” but I have bought all of the rose garner books in July and just finished reading 34 , I am so excited to read 35 , November needs to hurry up!! Thanks for the bonus chapters! I will be buying more of your books , I get them on my kindle, its easier to read at work lol. Thnaks again .

52. Fiana says:

I’m not receiving any of your emails 🙁 and didn’t received the first bonus chapter.
    How can I get it? Where can I find a link?

53. Krizzele says:

How many bonus chapters will you write? Please please write more. November is still so far away.

I miss Mason already.:(

54. Hannah says:

Hi, I’ve just signed up to your newsletter is there any way to see the backdated news letters so I can read the bonus chapters released to date?
    Can’t wait for the release of the next rose gardener book, only just discovered them and read them from start to finish in a week, I couldn’t put them down! Thanks

55. Rita says:

I too just recently signed up for your newsletters & would LOVE to read ALL of the Bonus Chapters. Please say it’s possible!?!? I’m addicted to this series! After reading the first one free, I finished the ENTIRE series in less than a week. Now I’m anxiously awaiting November!

• Rita says:

I just received an email of “content you might have missed” that includes Bonus Chapters Part One & Part Two….BUT NO PASSWORD. 🙁 HELP PLEASE!?!?

56. Samantha says:

I have just gotten hooked on these books and have finished 34… I just signed up for the email so I hope you offer us late joiners a chance to see the bonus chapters! 🙂 You are a fantastic writer and I can’t wait until November 3.

57. Tara says:

I hate when trolls ruin something fun that most people enjoy. I liked Ripple of Secrets and found it an interesting and important segue into 34.

58. Mary Grace says:

Ahhhh I just got done reading the bonus chapter on Skeeter!!! Nov.1 can NOT get here soon enough!!!!! Keep up the good work Denise , BTW just love the wedding pact as well. you are an awesome writer.

59. Elizabeth D says:

Team Skeeter all the way! Just love him, and can’t wait ’til November!

60. mimi says:

Hi,i am totally addicted to your books,i’m spreading the virus to all my friends.You have french worshippers.
    I’m so glad to have these bonus chapters. October is a very long month…
    Well i already read the 2 parts but i didn’t have the part 3/skeeter pov.could you possibly send it? Please…
    Thanks for all your works and Rose’s adventures.(i love the wedding pact too )
    Bisous from France.