Rose Gardner Mystery Series End Coming May 2016

THE GAMBLER Chapters One and Two
August 26, 2015
A Business Plan for Indie Authors–Part One
January 24, 2016

Rose Gardner Mystery Series End Coming May 2016

A couple of weeks ago I hosted a two hour Facebook Q&A event about the Rose Gardner Mystery series. Toward the end of my two hours, I made a announcement that shocked many of my readers.

Thirty-Six and a Half Motives will be the last Rose Gardner Mystery.

This decision wasn’t made lightly, and honestly, I feel a little sick typing that. I love Rose but the outcry from many readers is that they want an end. I’ve stated before that Thirty-Six would resolve many of the outstanding questions as well as wrap up the J.R. arc. But after many, many months of discussion with my editor (honestly, since January, 2015) I’ve decided that it might be best to end the series.

HOWEVER…

…that won’t be the end of Rose. When my editor and I began to discuss an ending to the series, we also discussed what would become of Rose. I’m lucky that Angela loves Rose as much as I do and neither of us are ready to say goodbye to her just yet. Hopefully, a lot of readers feel the same way.

So in late 2016, I’ll release the first book of a new series with Rose and Neely Kate working on getting their private investigator license. Most of the characters from the Rose Gardner Mystery will follow them to the new still unnamed series. So in many ways, it will still be the Rose Gardner Mystery series with a new series title. I plan for the first book to start in the summer immediately following the end of Thirty-Six and a Half Motives.

Most of the readers in the Q&A were excited the new series but some said they wouldn’t continue. Honestly, that’s okay. Sometimes readers need to move on. I understand that and this way those readers can make a clean break. But I hope the rest of you will follow Rose and Neely Kate and love the new series just as much, if not more than the current one.

But before Thirty-Six, I will release the first book of a new mystery series: Center Stage: A Magnolia Steele Mystery, which releases March 15, 2016. I’ve started writing Center Stage and Magnolia has quickly become one of my favorite characters. I plan to release the first chapter in the next month, so be looking for that. In the meantime, it’s available for an exclusive preorder on iBooks.

Thirty-Six and a Half Motives will release on May 17, 2016 and is also available on iBooks for an exclusive preorder. Amazon preorders should be available around the middle of February. (If I had my choice it would be available for preorder on Amazon now, but their rules hold me to 90 days out.) There will be no bonus chapters nor a novella.

For those of you who have become loyal readers to Rose–thank you. You have no idea how much joy I get from not only from writing this series, but hearing that you love it too. I promise to do my best to give the series the best wrap up possible. And I promise to give Rose and Neely Kate a fantastic new beginning.

1. Susan Kilburn says:

I love love love the series, I hate to see it end. I lost many a nights sleep reading these books and I feel like they are my friends. I have got about 14-20 people reading the whole series and I am rereading it right now. Thank you for an amazing adventure you have taken me on.

• NCshoegirl says:

This series has grabbed me like no other. Rose and her circle of friends (and enemies) have become regular fixtures in my evening! I understand the idea of wrapping up the series, but am so happy and honestly, relieved, that Rose and Neely Kate will branch off to more adventures. My book club just started the first book, and I hope they get hooked like I have on the rest of the series. Denise Grover Swank, you are an incredible writer with a wonderful sense of humor, evident throughout this whole mystery compilation. You’ve made me laugh out loud and neglect tons of laundry! I am a mom of five, and the journey you’ve taken me on through Rose has been a wonderful one. Thank you thank you!!

2. Jessica says:

♡ i will continue to read!

3. Sandra Morales says:

This is great thank you.

4. Rebecca Hollingsworh says:

I absolutely love the Rose Gardner Mysteries and am so very sad that the series is coming to an end. Although, I am totally looking forward to the new spin off..

With that said, I’m devastated that fans can’t just accept that they have to wait to find out what happens next, which is why they want a nice clean ending. For those fans, well, you guys just suck!

But thank you, thank you for not killing her off or something else equally devastating. As an avid reader of all things Denise Grover Swank, that would have been to heartbreaking to even read.

Anyway, keep up the good work! This fan will follow Rose wherever she ends up!

• MsRose says:

I agree with Ms. Hollingsworth, I love Rose too and I would have been heartbroken to see her come to any harm. All of the characters in the Rose Gardner Mysteries are great with the exception of a few (Joe and his entire family). I am sad that the series will be ending. My prayer is that this is just a break and the series will be revised at a later date. However, I will be reading the new series with Rose and Neely Kate and I hope to see some of the characters from the Mysteries appear in the yet unnamed series from time to time.

• melissa nesheim says:

I too pray that this is just a break in the Rose Gardner series and that it will be revised and continued at a later date. I did though like the new Joe but would love a romance with any of the three main boys, Joe, Mason, or James Malcom. In fact , I’m intrigued with how that story will turn out. But no matter what, I like a happier ending than the sudden break up of Rose and Mason with the book ending so abruptly. It felt devastating to me.

5. deb davis says:

It sounds like all you are doing is changing the name of the Rose Garden series. I’m ok with that as long as the stories continues to be mysteries.

6. Donna-Lisa Pena says:

I absolutely love this series! I will continue reading about Rose and Neely Kate under whatever title you publish!

7. Debbie Jenkins says:

Love the series an can tell by your statement that you really did put a lot of thought into it. By ending this you are actually starting a new chapter in Rose’s character which we all do in our lives. Thanks for showing the growth and strength that happens to Rose and all those around her her it is truly inspiring. Will continue to read your books as long as you are writing them

8. Felicia Thorn says:

I’ve loved Rose and her merry band of misfits from the very beginning and I will follow them anywhere simply because they are an amazing group of characters! I understand that some people can’t handle an extended series and that’s fine to each their own. But to me each book is a new story where family and friends have come together to overcome and survive the next thing life has to throw at them. So on another note, I’m highly anticipating off of your new work and I can’t wait to devour them!

9. S. Collins says:

I for one am glad that you are ending the Rose Gardner series as it is. I will be so glad to get rid of JR. But who will she end up with…hmmmm. I will be looking forward to the two new series. I read a lot of mysteries….I have worn out my Kindle…and just ordered a new one. lol
    Keep on keeping on….
    Sylvia

10. Sharon Kooiker says:

Enjoy your writing look forward to them!

11. Mari Hinton says:

I can understand wanting to wrap up a story, just glad we can continue on with Rose and her new adventure. Looking forward to reading about Magnolia.
    I think you have a thing for flower names. Best of luck with both series, I look forward to reading them.

12. Devin Saur says:

I’m excited for the end. I lovE this series so much however I am one of those people that needs closure. Primarily with the love triangle. #teamjoe. I’m ready to see this side of the story close.

• Kay says:

#team joe — joe was sweet to her in the first book that I have read it at least ten times just to get to know him better….would love to meet a joe in person, and so sorry that he has such a troubled past…but that is what made him who he is

13. Jen says:

I’ve loved this series. I’m glad we get to know who she ends up with and you can move onto finding love interest she doesn’t pick. My sister in law and I love these. We read them the day they come out and then bash you for taking sooo long till the next one!

14. Ellen Anderson says:

I never thought I would say I was ready for this series to end, but I guess it is a lot easier knowing that Rose will continue on. In that case, I am kind of glad to see this storyline finish. It has been an amazing journey, from the very first book on through until the much anticipated Thirty-six and a Half Motives to come. Then instead of saying g goodbye to Rose, it will just be the next chapter in her life. I love it and I love #RoseGardner!

15. Donna Benson says:

I have followed Rose from the beginning. I think it is time to end this chapter of her life. I am ready for her to move on and for this story line to be completed. Sure hope she chooses Joe! Mason has just never appealed to me. She and Neely Kate will make a great new series and glad to know that most of the old friends will be on board.

• Lisa says:

I’ve always been team Joe too! Masons seems like a good guy but he’s never appealed to me either. Rose needs to be with Joe!

• Kay says:

#team joe — joe was sweet to Rose in the first book that I have read it at least ten times just to get to know him better….(would love to meet a joe in person – a very special guy), and I am so sorry that he has such a troubled past…but that is what made him who he is. I really like Mason and do not want to see him in harm’s way and I hope he finds another special someone but not #rosegardner

• Gloria Edwards says:

I am a team Joe’s fan also. He gave Rose up so that she could experience life and she allowed him to become the man he was meant to be from the beginning. I would love to know what Kate has on Mason. He’s to moralist and unforgiving. I believe Rose was his revenge for Savannah. Can’t wait for March to get here to read more of these characters. What’s in the stars for Carter and Newly Kate? She deserves happiness also.

16. Pat Diaz says:

I am ready for the whole JR/Joe business to end just like when watching a soap opera and you are glad for a story arc to conclude. But that doesn’t mean you will stop watching that soap. I am glad that you have continued the soap opera in the form of Rose and Neely Kate. I love following characters and will happily follow Rose wherever you take her. I am also considering starting Magnolia. I hope you will let us Amazon readers know when we can start pre-ordering both series’ as well as Thirty-Six and a Half Motives.

17. lisa says:

Sooooooo glad to hear that you’re not ending it completely!!!! I love Rose, Neely kate, all the others AND the whole series! As long as you continue to write them I’ll continue to read them!!!!!

18. Elva correa says:

I’m sad to hear this is the last book but very pleased Rose will continue on and I will also continue reading… love the stories….

19. Amanda Fantine says:

I love the Rose Gardner Mystery Series. It is my all time favorite book. I can’t wait til the last one and I am definitely continuing on to the Rose and Neely Kate series. I knew Rose Gardner Series had to end eventually but I hated to think about it. I’m so happy about Rose and Neely Kate.

20. Lisa walsh says:

Quite sad to read it’s coming to an end, I’m addicted/absorbed into the books. You are a great writer. But will be good hearing more about the investigation side but still please include all the characters within a bit of the story? X

21. I know all good things must come to an end. I followed a series (to be left nameless) that took off in popularity and became a weekly show, At that point it seemed the author just compiled crap into books for the sales. So I would rather see quality in my reading material rather than quantity. Denise has never failed us yet and I of course will follow Rose and Neely Kate and probably even her new series. Here’s to a great wrap up and a continuation of success for our beloved characters.

22. Kasturi says:

I have this bittersweet feeling right now.I am sad that Rose Gardner Mystery series is ending. But at the same time, I am glad that you aren’t completely giving up on Rose. Can’t wait to get my hands on 36 and a half motives! Plus, I will be totally looking forward to Rose and Neely Kate’s investigator series. I am definitely not ready to let go of Rose. Love her. You go girl! ♡♡♡

23. Jo Ann Reinhold says:

Always and forever a fan! Thank you for everything Rose! 🙂

24. Marilyn Shipley says:

I’ve read all the Rose Gardner books in a very greedy manner! And am really looking forward to the next/last one in this particular series. However, I feel your announcement could have been, “there is good news, and there is good news”. No bad news at all here and I look forward to reading Rose’s continuing adventures. Thank you for writing!

25. Jaimy says:

Thank you Denise. I love that even though In some way the series is ending a new beginning is on the way. I totally love this series and I just can’t wait for the new books.

26. Glenis Myson says:

I love Rose so eill certainly carry on eith the new series. I also introduced my daughter to Rose and she feels the same.

27. Tina Davis says:

I love Rose and her madcap group of friends. I hate for the series to end, but all good things must come to an end. The Rose Gardner Mysteries is the first series that has ever had me totally obsessed. Denise Grover Swank can write like no other. I love how she has me laughing out loud one moment and crying like a baby the next. I look forward to the spin off, but hope that Rose’s love life is settled in Thirty Six and a Half Motives and of course I hope Rose chooses my beloved Joe!!! I can’t wait for the Magnolia Steele series and will read all Denise’s books with much anticipation and love. Thanks for the ride Denise xoxoxo

28. Diane says:

Loved this series and cannot wait for the next book. I started re-reading the books over again just to pass the time, how different they seem, upon the second read. I have found that I like Mason far less, I think Joe is a poor misguided soul who hasn’t been ready to face the realities of his life and has been hiding behind his work in an attempt to escape the truth. He is going to need to work on himself an awful lot before he has any clue where he fits into his crazy world after all the events that have unfolded around him. I’m waiting for there to be another twist in the whole baby thing given past history. I’m rooting for the only guy who hasn’t treated Rose like a child. Who has built her up, empowered her, relinquished his power to her because he trusted her… Yep, Skeeter. Am I alone here? I’ve become more fond of him in every book. They balance each other, and with him she has found her voice and her comfort zone using it. I’m also a die hard Catwoman fan so maybe I just prefer to see Rose the way she is when she is with Skeeter, not a criminal, but as a woman who isn’t taking anyone’s nonsense and isn’t going to be walked all over. Isn’t that the true development of her character from start to finish? I think he completes her evolution. Just my thoughts. 🙂

• Denise Grover Swank says:

You are DEFINITELY not alone. The Team Skeeter readers shocked me after the release of Thirty-Four. 🙂

• Diane says:

Phew! I’m glad to hear I’m not alone! I can’t wait to see where you are going to take things, and I look forward to the new series! Best of luck to you!

• Sharon Steele says:

I have loved this series. The characters are so compelling. I can hardly wait to see who she ends up with, but please NOT Skeeter :). Thanks for sharing your time with us through your wonderful stories.

• Really like your take on the characters! Well considered & a lovely option. Thanks for sharing.

• Michelle says:

Thank you for writing this post, Denise. I have been struggling with the last ending, and as a “team Mason” fan I found myself in tears. I still choke up whenever I think about it. How powerful these books are!!
      Your comments put a better perspective on this turn of events. Hopefully now I can start looking forward to the next book, instead of feeling so devastated as to not even continue with the series

• Beth Donaldson says:

Team Skeeter all the way! But I hope they don’t get involved too quickly; as much as I liked Mason, I felt like their relationship was too much too soon. I agree that Skeeter, questionable career choices aside, treats Rose like a grown-up and respects her strengths AND weaknesses.

Can’t wait to read the next book and go into the next series!

• Melissa says:

You’re so not alone. I love me some Skeeter

• Mindy says:

#TeamSkeeter

• Tabi says:

#TEAMSKEETER ALL THE WAY!! YES!!

• Megan says:

YES. THANK ALL OF YOU. I wasn’t a fan of Joe or Mason, really. I’ve been waiting for her and Skeeter to become a thing, much more interesting of a character 😉

29. mlplove says:

30. mlplove says:

U have to tell me will mason at least be involved in the next series please. I love mason so much u definitely can’t let him go. Please

31. Jihane says:

While I’m sad to know that 36 will be the last Rose Gardner mystery, I think you made the right decision. Keeping up the series would be like those TV shows that run one (or several) season too many just to cash on their popularity. I’m glad that i won’t be the end of Rose, though as I am a big fan, all the way from France.
    I have to confess I was happy about how things turned out with Mason, never was a fan of the character. I hope she ends up with Joe as I expect there will be some unexpected twist on the baby situation (maybe JR impregnated Hillary). I also like the Skeeter option.

32. Barbara says:

Denise,
    I am an avid Rose Garden reader, I have read all your books. And
    I hate to see the series end. I will be lost. You are such a good writer and I feel like I know Rose, Neely Kate, Mason, Joe, and every one of these people personally, I wish you would reconsider your decision.
    Respectfully,
    Barbara H

33. I love this series and am looking forward to the future of Rose and Neely Kate. Thirty-six comes out on my anniversary so I’m looking orward to reading it.

Thanks for your hard work it is appreciated!!!
    Pam

34. Sara Postoak says:

I love this series and these characters. I’m glad to see they will be continued. I can’t wait to read the next book and the new series.

35. Pamela says:

I’m in shock. It’s only now that I’ve learned that the next book in this amazing series will be the last. Though all good things must come to an end, it doesn’t mean I have to like it. I actually hate it. No matter, I look forward to reading the new series. As for now, it should be interesting to see what direction the author will go with respect to wrapping up all the loose ends. Also, will Rose ever get her HEA? She really deserves one. I hope she doesn’t go back to Joe as he has no balls whatsoever. He’d most likely run at the first sign of trouble in his relationship with Rose. As for Mason, get over yourself. She made a mistake. No one’s perfect. I hope Neely Kate and your mother gut you like a fish for hurting Rose, or at least open your eyes to see how narrow-minded you are. Like many readers, I can see Rose and Skeeter together, but only if he goes legit. Otherwise, I don’t see it working at all.

To Denise Grover Swank, thank you for an amazing series that I’ll always remember.

• mlplove says:

I know right maybe in the next series skeeter will be with rose not mason that would be a twist but also maybe j.r simions gets hiliary pregos

36. Mary Grace says:

I do hate to see it come to an end , but look forward to the spin off , I love Rose and can’t wait to read 36. Keep up the good work

37. Pam says:

Love this series and will re-read them all again before May. Denise I love your style for the characters having a “personality” each of their own. I look forward to the wrap up of the loose ends and am glad her friends will appear in the next series. I dont want to see Rose settle for any of them but keep them as friends. Joe needs her as a “real” friend and for her to keep Masons Mom close instead of Mason. Hoping Rose will empower herself and find someone new in the next series to love who doesnt feel the need to save or protect her, she can do it herself.

38. Judy says:

Thank you for the Rose Gardner Mystery Series. It has been a pleasure reading about Rose’s growth from a young insecure, emotionally handicapped, mousy girl into a strong take charge woman. I have to admit I’m of the opinion that Joe and Mason are both duds and not worthy of her love or affection. I look forward to seeing both Rose and Neeley Kate embark on their new adventure confident and secure in their own abilities to do whatever with or without men at their sides.

39. Melissa says:

I looove the series. Im sad to hear 36 will be the last book but I have no doubt ill keep reading. Although I do hate to wait! I was so looking forward to seeing if there was something real with rose and Skeeter. Lol. Ill have you know that ive dubbed him my new book boyfriend 😉 i sure can pick em. No worries, though. You’ve made a fan of me for sure. Can’t wait for your spin off. As long as our Rose is in it im so there. Keetp it up lady!

40. Kelly Moffett says:

You have amazing talent and I love Rose. I will follow gher whereever you decide to take her.

41. You have a fantastic website here! would
    you like to produce some invite articles on my blog?

my web-site heroes charge hack android (http://www.Realhacks24.com)

42. Scott harbert says:

I am in a beautiful place in Kenya. I just finished reading ur third book. And I must say how truly disappointed I was. I loved Joe and Rose. Funny Rose was the stronger one. But that’s all that is funny about this book. Why? Why would you write such an ending to the third book. Why did you kill Joe and Rose like that. I can only imagine what kind of things have happened to you. How dare you use your pen to do this to people. Best selling author. I hope it’s worth it. It’s a hard world out here and I have lived in Kenya for almost 30 years to help people. I needed a good novel…you are an expert at developing the character and the plot. I loved books one and two…but as I read book three and got closer and closer to the end I couldn’t believe what you did to Joe and Rose. Shame on you. I hope it’s worth it. But what you did was wrong. I know it’s your book…so you can write what you want. But what you gives you the right to mess with people’s feelings. Whatever it is I hope you get the help you need. I’m sure not going to read any more of Rose and any other novel you write. It hurts a lot. Thanks a lot. God bless you. And strangely enough I do mean that

• Scott Harbert says:

I am getting to old for this. Let me explain. I don’t normally read novels, particularly fiction, for the precise reason of what I experienced after finishing Denise Grover Swank’s third book. The breaking up of Joe and Rose. The world’s becoming increasingly a harder and harder place. Because of where I live and what I do in East Africa, I see the suffering of people far far too much. My wife is always trying to encourage me to bring some lighter reading along with us when we travel for breaks, vacations, etc. Five months ago she read Denice’s first book and shared it with me. I lover it and fall in love with Joe and Rose. So when we came away for Christmas this year, I was excited to read together books 2 and 3. It was our first Christmas without our three boys or any family. We needed to go to a place to begin to make our own memories. And it was going on so well. I left my “serious” reading behind. More about me…I am a very sensitive man. Like Rose it’s both a blessing and a curse. I was devastated by the ending of J and R’s relationship. We stayed up two nights in a row reading. We couldn’t put the books down. Tonight I haven’t slept because I am a wreck emotionally. Oh. I’ll be fine in few days. Only because I have to push past this and see it as for what it is – a story. But it was more than that for me. I have never read a more gifted and talented writer than DGR. The development of character and plot. There is no comparison. Denise is an a category alloyd by herself. The best! But I guess I m not only old, but I am old fashion. I need a book that endstrumph@aol.com happily ever after. And DGR’s didn’t do that. I can handle the rough patches in a good story. But it needs to end well. This didn’t. Far from it. So I’m replying at 3am in the morning. Never again. I will never read another novel written by DGR or anyone for that matter. It was just too cold and painful. I don’t know why Denise choose to do that. And as I have jumped ahead to read the reviews of her subsequent later writings, I see it only gets worse for J and R as a couple. Joe, as weak as you make him out to be, is the one who made Rose who she then could go on to be. Their love was special. But you killed that. And the book killed a little something me. Am I being over dramatic? No. I don’t think so. I’m sharing who I am and what I need from a novel. You obviously can write what you want. And just as obvious, your very good at it. But it’s not for everyone. Certainly not for me. It will be hard to come back to this incredibly beautiful place in the rain forest of Kakamega in Kenya because of what happened at the end of book 3. I leave here and go back to the incredible suffering people are living with to help them. I didn’t need this. Nobody does.

• emmat72 says:

What the heck, this is a wind up surely?! If it bothers you that much then write your own book 3 with its Mills & Boons predictable ending, seriously? If fiction not ending the way you want it to affects your life that drastically for gods sake don’t ever read The Snowman, it could scar you for life!

• Nancy says:

Geez-o-pete, buddy. If this isn’t a joke, you best get some therapy before you head back to the rain forest! Well, that and a life, ’cause it sounds like your real one isn’t quite enough. Sheesh!

• Cathy says:

For Scott Harbert: it is FICTION. Next time tell the book store clerk that you want something happy, simple, no depth, and not a series. Try “Happy” by Pharrell Williams. It even has pictures!!!!

43. Sara says:

This serie is amazing I read 8 books in one week of vacation. And I hope someone would think to turn it to a serie of movies. When I think about the characters I imagine certain actors in mind and I would love to hear what the other reader might think or who they imagine playing the roles just for the fun of it ^_^.
    Rose: Lily Collins
    Violet: Jennifer Lawrence
    Joe: Theo James
    Hillary: Blake Lively

44. Sherry says:

I really have enjoyed the Rose Gardner series! I was upset when Rose & Joe broke up – they seemed so perfect. Then while I resented Mason, I’ve grown to care for him too. However, while I have purchased & downloaded Thirty-Five, I refuse to read it until Thirty-Six comes out. Then I will read them back to back. I hate to say it, but I’m kinda keeping my fingers crossed that Joe will pull out a “Hail Mary” & somehow recouple with Rose. I definitely agree that I finally need some closure on this triangle & to the J.R. Story, but I am very excited about the Rose & Neely Kate series!!! Thank you for a great series!

45. Hannah says:

I love the Rose Gardner books! I started them earlier this year and I have just finished 34 and am about to start 35. I am glad the series will be coming to an end so we can all find out the answers to the questions that keep popping up in every book! I don’t like it when book series go on and on and you don’t find out the answers. Haha, you have ended this chapter at the perfect time!
    However I will be reading the new Rose series and I love her and Neely Kate and can’t wait to see where their new chapter takes them.

Amazing writer

46. Angel says:

While I am sad that the Rose Gardner series is ending, I will gladly read the new series. I love Rose and Neely Kate and cannot wait to see what new adventures you find for them now that you are taking a new direction.

47. Christine says:

I will absolutely continue reading their new series! I love rose and am looking forward to some kind of wrap up on this story line, but I certainly can’t wait to read what else is in her future.

48. Tina says:

I also Love the series more than any others. I hope Rose and Neel Kate are a huge success
    Can’t wait to get started, I’m re reading the whole series again. I have read it so many times I’ve memorize most if it, and still enjoy every book.

49. JoAnn says:

I love Rose Gardner Mysteries, but I’m ready for an ending. I just hope she finds her true love. As for the Rose and Neely Kate stories – oh yes I will be reading the new series, looking forward to it. Thank you for all the wonderful stories you write, love your books.

50. Brandie Nugent says:

I was so worried when I first saw that it was ending. But after reading the entire thing I’m looking forward to seeing this story come to an end. And beginning a new one with the Rose characters . So excited!!

51. Maxine says:

Sad to hear series is coming to end. Looking forward to the next chapter in Rose’s life. Im also rooting for team Skeeter.

52. Nancy says:

I have loved following Rose and friends as they grew both emotionally and in numbers to her circle. Sorry to see this story line end! Would love to Rose go off with Skeeter as he always thought the best of her and never judged her. Hope to see everyone appear in the new series and thanks for such wonderful rich characters and giving us their history,would love to see Rose Gardner on the big screen! Can’t wait to read about Rose and Neely Kate in their new adventures! Thanks Denise for a wonderful read , you made me want to pickup a good book again!❤️

53. Deb Tew says:

I love the Rose Gardner mystery series. My favorite bar none and will be sad it may or will end I will continue the new spin off. I can see so many avenues the original could go so boo to those who want it to end. I love your work. I love following you on social media and your amazing family. Thank you for the joy and the adventures you have taken me on and I am excited for the future ones too. Happy New year to you and your family!

54. Carolyn says:

i for one will be so happy to see rose and neeley move off in a new direction..let them find their true calling of butting in to other peoples business..i can’t wait…ps maybe the first 2 things they can investigate is where the backbones of joe and mason went.

55. Sue says:

I am so happy to hear about your Rose and Neely Kate series. I will definitely switch over even though I love the current series. It’s true when they say ‘all good things must come to an end’.
    Thank you for many joyed of reading pleasure.

56. Heather S says:

Absolutely in love w Rose and this series, but I understand your decision. I’m super excited that there will be a continuation for her still. Can’t wait for more!!!

57. Edgar says:

I am male I noticed most of the comments are female, and no I’m not gay. I just love stories with characters that care for each other & show maturity. My opinion of a good story is one that you don’t want to end.If you’re reading a story and can’t wait for the story to end it’s probably not an entertaining read. I’ve read most of DGS books and they are quite entertaining. I started with the Rose Gardner series and it’s amazing how the characters evolved during the course of the series.I guess its like another comment said all good things must come to end. I’m happy the same characters will continue onto a new series and look forward to reading it and any other books Denise writes.

58. Lucinda Nelson says:

Boooooo! And Yayyyyyyy! I do love this series, but will look forward to the new one. I had already decided that Rose and Neely Kate would likely be transitioning to private investigations, so was not totally shocked. Kind of hoping Rose meets a new man who will appreciate her strengths and give her room to exercise them. Joe is a wienie, and Mason is a chauvinist. And lest anyone was thinking Skeeter, forget it. Go get’em, Rose! You are fierce!

59. Jill says:

Joe or Mason? I’m dying here!

60. deidre says:

I love Rose and the series. I’m sad to see it end, I will definitely be following the new series!!!! I discovered this series beginning of last year and I read every available book within a few months.

61. Cheryl says:

I am pleased that the JR debacle will be finishing, and I hope that Rose has a happy ever after with anyone but Joe, I don’t like or trust the man as he doesn’t give Rose the respect she deserves because he is weak. I like Mason, but I also like Skeeter – he’s the bad boy.
    I can see Rose & Neely Kate as PI’s, but I hope they get a bit more serious, but I doubt it. I will give one of them a go and see how I feel.
    Thank you Denise for the emotional journey I have taken with Rose, I have enjoyed every book you have written on the subject.

62. Deborah Mitchell says:

Thanks for all the books you have given me hours of pleasure. Yes I hate the series is ending but it is time. I know you will continue churning out some good reads for us. I hope you continue to add a Southern touch to some of your future books.GRITS are always interesting (girls raised in the south).

• Kay says:

So true….I love the southern touch that Denice adds to the books of this series. Being from northeast Texas and visiting Southern Arkansas and Southern Oklahoma from time to time, I can tell you that this is true to the way that people in small towns in this area think and act.

63. Trish Gardiner says:

Love the series! Can’t wait for the final episode. Also, Team Joe. The new series sounds great.

64. Jude says:

Well well, what a surprise. Following this since day 1 and now it ends. I have become very attached to the characters and. especially Rose. Guess it is time to grow up and stop reading so many of these “series” books. Lee Child has been giving and still does Jack Reacher, James Patterson sends us Will Robie and King and Maxwell, then there is Connelly who keeps us buying his Haller and Bosch. You create a Rose Gardner series and end it just when life is getting good for her. Oh well, I will just not purchase anymore of your books because I really do not like the rug pulled out from under me. Good luck in your future endeavors.

• Denise Grover Swank says:

You know, I’m damned if I do and I’m damed if I don’t. Readers rip me apart for dragging them along and robbing them of their money, and when I try to make those readers happy–yet plan TO CONTINUE ROSE’S STORY–only the title of the series changes, you rip me to shreds.

If you chose not to continue reading the new Rose series–for what? out of spite?–then you really weren’t invested anyway. Your choice.

• Angie says:

Denise, I have LOVED going on Rose’s journey so much. You Are a remarkable writer and truly have the gift of bringing characters to life. I never wanted this series to end, but I understand. I am over the moon that you are continuing her story, and I will read your books forever.
        I have to say that I am always so shocked to read the comments of your fans(as well as those from other authors). People are so horribly opinionated and impatient. I am embarrassed for them and am so sorry for their hatefulness. Please ignore them and keep doing what you are so gifted doing. Thank you for sharing all of the stories in your head with us!
        With love, from one
        KCMO gal, to another

• Keeley says:

Denise, along with Rose and her mysteries, I have read ALL of your books and love them! You have a wonderful gift that I am grateful to you for sharing! It is frustrating to read comments from readers who cannot handle changes that an author has the freedom to make! As others have mentioned, please disregard the negative postings and know that your true fans will follow you onward and upward! Much thanks to you for bringing joy to our world of reading! And, Happy Writing as you complete Rose’s current journey and move her onto new adventures! (For the record, I love Joe, Mason and Skeeter as each has their own unique strengths and weaknesses . . . I’ll simply be happy to see Rose reach her Happily Ever After!)

• Carolyn says:

Denise – i am with you. lets take Rose and Neely in to the future.

• Kay says:

I agree, Denice…That is the way life is. I have found that you can never please everyone, so why not please yourself. Do what YOU want to do and what makes you feel good, and you will still be a great writer. Thanks for all of your books!

• Gloria Edwards says:

I am a loyal fan. Please continue with the new series with Rose and Neely Kate. I am also awaiting the new books the Magnolia series. I feel that you have more to share with us concerning Rose’s journey.

• Stormy says:

I have a feeling you’re trolling just to be a troll and I’ll likely regret rising to the occasion. The series isn’t ending its just shifting gears. Honestly, if you stop reading Denise – it’s your loss. I don’t think you’d stop reading Patterson, Child, or Connelly if they chose to end the series. I wil say you have 1 thing right though; to consider her in such high company as those mentioned you’ve properly assessed her level of talent – therefore I believe you will soon realize your mistake in turning away from all of her books. If you’ve truly been there since day one, a gear change wouldn’t scare you off … It’s what happens when you pick up speed. Best of luck to you in your future reading adventures, you’ll always be welcome back when you miss Rose and Neely Kate a bit too much.

65. Lila Lavellel says:

I love Rose. Can not wait until the last book. I Will be reading the new series.
    Lila

66. Ling says:

I love all the characters in it and of course Rose included! My fav has been Mason and Rose together because they both feel so right in the story, however the twist with Sleeted just makes it more complicated and my gosh I just love every single bit of it, including all the ups and downs. Its life. And looking forward to the last book and beginning of another new series and probably another brand new and intriguing character may appear!

67. Laura says:

I love, love, love this series! Rose has grown up so much since her wicked stepmother was murdered. I love reading about her and Neely-Kate.
    I am sad that the series will be ending. Not a Skeeter lover, but he has treated Rose with dignity. Mason was so secretive I almost didn’t like him. Joe needs to grow up.
    But I can’t wait to see how you develop the story with the baby arriving. I am so excited I can hardly wait for the book to come out.
    I also love the other stories you are working on. I will definitely be reading the new series.

68. Katharina says:

I love all your books (not only RGM) and they belong to the few books I like to reread but most of all I love your Rose Gardner Mystery series. I wasn’t into mystery before I started with Rose (so it’s all your “fault”…). I only started after book #6 was released so thank goodness I didn’t have to wait for e v e r y release. The waiting part is the hardest so I’m happy and sad at the same time that the series will end with the next book. I’m happy that the JR threat will probably end one way or another, but sad that the series ends and hope Rose will find love again with a man who can accept her (new) strength. However I’m thrilled that Rose and Neely Kate start their new PI business in a new series and will definitely read it. I also will give Magnolia Steele a go. Looking forward to your new releases…

69. Susan says:

I love Rose and can’t wait for the next book. I also hope Rose ends up with Joe. I like Mason, but Rose and Joe belong together!

70. stacy says:

I hate to see this amazing series end! I look forward to the Rose/Neely Kate series!

71. Jennifer Bopp says:

I love Rose and all your characters! I love reading her series and am glad it will continue on with a slighlty new focus. Thank you for writing such characters that make us readers really care about them. I honestly have not read any of your books that have disappointed me.

72. Debbie Leonatd says:

I have read all the Rose books and have loved them all. I wish it didn’t have to end but I will definitely read the new books. Thank you for keeping Rose and her crew.

73. Jennifer Wozniak says:

I started reading your books with Rose and I am sad to see it end, BUT I can’t wait to see what the next series brings. I have read all your books and will continue to do so. You bring such laughter and joy to me with your writing. Thank you for doing what you do and bringing happiness to all of us.

74. Ann Clark says:

So looking forward to Thirty-Six and a Half Motives and thrilled to hear you are continuing with Rose and Neely Kate. Also looking forward to the new series Center Stage: A Magnolia Steele Mystery. I love all your books but will have to wait to pre order with Amazon. Frustrated that they won’t allow you to release earlier. Though sometimes it does as I have already read Gambler and loved it

75. Debbie says:

As you say Crappie Doddles I love this series sooooooooo much I read the last book in one setting I couldn’t put it down, I didn’t like the way it ended but its like a man not giving the woman forgiveness when she’s gave him everything. And I will continue to follow Rose an Neely Kate. Thank you so much for giving us this life of hers to follow it was the first series I’ve every read an I thank you for making it interesting enough to read. Thanks to you I have gotten my granddaughter interested in reading more. I can’t wait for the series. Someday I hope to meet you in person but till then good writing to you Denise. Thank you again
    Debbie from Indiana

76. Raquel says:

I had a mini heart attack when I read that the series was over, but with all the pain in my heart I continued reading and finding out that there will be a new series with Rose and Neely kate brought me back to life, thank you for being such an amazing writer and bringing these wonderful books to life.

77. Shelley Castle says:

I have been so hooked on Rose Gardner mysteries, I will be sad to see it end. I waver back and forth between team Joe and team Mason. Still can’t beside. Happy to learn that Rose and Neely Kate will continue on in a new series. I read your first Rose book by chance and have been hooked on your writing. I devour the books when they are released and wait impatiently for the next book to come out. I have read everything except the books based on vampires. Not really my thing. I look forward to the Magnolia Steele series and the Wedding Pact series. Thanks Denise for keeping me entertained.

78. Phoebe says:

It is so sad to see the Rose Gardener series go, but I will gladly continue reading the next Rose and Neely Kate books. These were amazing books and I’m glad you are continuing with another series. I still cant wait to find out whether she ends up with Joe or Mason?

79. Cathy says:

As a single mom who does not have internet, cable, satellite, & dish, we do a LOT of reading. I got hooked on the Rose Gardner Mysteries with the “free” book and our splurges have been getting all the book and between books of this series. We ADORE these characters and I am sad it’s ending, but excited there will be a spin off. My daughter is team Mason and I’m team Skeeter, but we talk about these characters all the time. We even confuse family and friends when we talk about them. We are so into the stories that people who over hear our conversations think they are real. ☺️
    Thank you, Denise, so much for giving something to us that gives us so much pleasure and conversation topics that keep me and my 13 year old close. In this day and age, it is hard to do. You are an amazing writer and given my daughter ideas to write a book of her own.
    Keep tapping those keys and bring us wonderful worlds to explore and inspiration!

80. Denise says:

All I want to say, is that I am very happy that Rose will continue. I could have continued reading her series forever. You can count on me reading the next one. I just adore Joe by the way… lol
    I will also be reading Magnolia. Thank you for the great books you deliver, I really enjoy all you do.

81. Michelle H. says:

I had all but forgotten my love of reading until Rose and her great adventures fell into my lap. I have laughed, cried and screamed along with the characters in this series.
    Please know that if nothing else comes from the words you put on a page but to bring reading alive again to someone who thought it was lost, it was worth every single letter.

82. Julia M says:

I’m so deeply saddened to hear that the series is coming to an end. I’ve spent my break from school staying up and in bed all day reading the whole series in just four days (aside from breaks for work and to eat). I’m still holding out hope for Rose and Joe. I’m a true believer in them and while I loved mason I couldn’t help my constant hopefulness for rose to rush back to joe. I know some other readers wouldn’t agree with that but I feel I truly see the good in Joe and I’m a firm believer in their love.

I’m excited to hear of a spinoff series with Rose and Neely Kate. I’m excited to be reading that as well. Your series has me so entangled in it. I simply couldn’t put it down. I’m so thankful to have stumbled upon the first book a few months back. And even more thankful to have bought the series on Amazon.

Thank you Denise Grover Swank for bringing the joy of Rose into my life. Your hard work is truly cherished here.

83. Therese says:

It is 2016, why must Rose end up with man? There are many single women who live happy and fulfilled lives!!! She is under 30, and jumped from Joe to Mason pretty quickly. If you read the first few books closely, Joe lied to Rose constantly, and they were not together that long…Ending the series with Rose being happy, and surrounded by her friends, and family would be more orginal, then marrying her off. I am tired of every book since twilight having a love triangle, and readers picking “teams”. You do not need a man to complete you, fictional character or real life, not sure why ever reader wants to her pair her off….

84. Stephanie Dunlap says:

I am so happy to hear that Rose has a new series!! Of course, I will read it. I am shocked that some readers said they wouldn’t. I bet they will in the dark of the night under their bed covers with a flash light!
    Denise – you rock!! Keep the books coming.

85. Amber says:

I CAN’T WAIT FOR THE LAST BOOK! I’ve been counting down the days and May cannot come soon enough! Thank you for filling my heart with the joy of Rose and all of her friends. I’ve never been a reader but after Rose I’ve been flying through all of your books. You have a wonderful gift and thank you for sharing all these wonderful characters with us 🙂

PS TEAM JOE!!!!!!!!!! 🙂 lol

86. Rhea says:

Denise, I found you last year when I was going through a hard time and her books gave me an escape and a distraction that helped me get through it. Since then, I have read every series you have written to date and of course, I wish none of them would end especially the Rose Gardner series. I read them all so quickly to catch up and now it feels like forever waiting for the next one though you put out new novels at a rate that must leave you exhausted. Plus all the bonus chapters! Those are a gift that I truly appreciate.

I learned long ago after an author killed off a favorite character and tried to explain why to her outraged readers that the stories can’t always go the way you want them to. Sometimes, you have to look at the story and see whether it has somewhere to go or if it needs to be shaken up even if that means big changes or losing characters. Or ending the series completely. There are a few series I’ve read where the author states he or she needed to end it while the stories were still good, before they got stale.

It’s amazing to me that readers get outraged by novels that continue and aren’t resolved at the end of a book – that’s what a series is. To say they feel cheated or tricked into buying the next one seems ridiculous and I’m sad that these readers have, in part, led to the end of a series I love. Still, I am grateful that you will continue Rose and Neely Kate in a new series so we get to keep these characters you gifted us with. After all, a Rose by any other series name will still small as sweet. 🙂

Denise, from the majority of the comments you see here and everywhere, I hope you know how much your hard work and time spent away from your family is appreciated by us, your readers. Each book you write is a gift that I, for one, am grateful for. As long as you keep writing, we’ll keep reading. Thank you for all you give us!

87. Colby McKinney says:

I am a HUGE fan of the Rose Gardner series. I have read all of them in the last three weeks. This series has taken over my life and I have been reading each story every spare minute that I’ve had. In fact, I’ve found myself not being able to sleep some nights because of the anxiety that I have felt for the characters so rather than sleep, I would just keep reading. I’m in dental school right now and I’ve been studying for my dental board exam over the last few weeks as well and I have often found myself not being able to focus on my studies because of my NEED to keep reading these stories! I’ve preordered the newest book. Waiting 4 more months for the next book is going to be torture. Luckily, I’m in my last semester of dental school to keep me busy, but I can already feel the sense of longingness for the next book.

I feel a huge connection with Rose because I am from DeQueen, Arkansas, which like Henryetta, is a small town. The way Henryetta is described actually reminds me of DeQueen. I completely understand the small town mindset of the characters, how everyone knows everybody’s business and even the jargon. Rose’s warmth and vast love for her friends has tugged on my heartstrings in more ways than I’d like to admit. Her fierce love for Mason (& Joe) has helped me to reevaluate the way I love my husband. I have a very guarded heart but reading this series has prompted me to try to love a little more freely and more passionately.

I have mixed feelings about the ending of the last book mostly because no matter how much I love Rose & Mason together, there is something to be said about first loves. My heart has always ached for Joe ever since he and Rose split because of his awful family. Hell, I’d be surprised if Hilary’s child was JR’s instead of Joe’s! I wouldn’t put it past them for JR to deliberately get her pregnant and pass the baby off as Joe’s. She and JR are both vile. I feel bad saying that knowing that JR raped Hilary & forced her to live a life of Simmons-slavery; however, in my heart, I think she could have run away had she really despised her parents & JR enough. I hope for Joe’s (& potentially Rose’s) sake, that they find out the baby isn’t Joe’s after all. I really hope Joe finds some peace and happiness too, even if it is not with Rose. Mason is amazing, but there will always be a special place in my heart for Joe, even though he was too weak to standup to his father. He’s a huge contrast from Kate! Speaking of Kate, I hope this next book let’s us know more about her too. She’s an enigma & I’m dying to know more about her!

This is probably going to sound strange, but if anyone ever wants to turn this book series into a TV series, I would love to be considered for the role of Rose. I love that girl and at least my southern accent would be genuine! 🙂

Thank you so much for writing this series! I’m sad to see the series end. I commend you as a writer to know when to wrap things up but I’m super pumped for the Rose & Neely Kate series!!! That’s such a brilliant way to end the Rose Gardner Series and create a spin off!!! You are a literary genius!!

These next 4 months need to fly by at lightening speed!!!

88. Linda Uhrenholt says:

Love love love Rose series. I just kept reading and couldn’t stop downloading them. I just told my sister that I’ve never been this curious sbout a series nor in love with the characters. So glad that I’m NOT the only person that wants Joe to be the “winner.” I just can’t get my head around Mason. Heck, I’d take Skeeter over Mason anytime if Joe wasn’t around. Thanks for the fun you’ve given me but not sure staying up until one and two in the morning was good for me! LOL looking forward to new series but glad the same characters will be around!

89. Tricia says:

I fell in love with this series earlier last year and couldn’t stop reading until I ran out of books! I cannot wait for the next book, and am sorry to hear it will end the series. I’m very excited for the next series of books. Just for the record, I’m still #TeamJoe

90. Justina says:

After completing Thirty-four where it left us with a huge cliff hanger with Rose being locked up behind bars, I felt that if thirty-five could be the final book it would be great. Sadly, Thirty-five did not end and the storyline was kind of draggy. So hearing that you are going to end this series is a great news for me because a great story like this should know when to end and not to continue for the sake of the readers or for the sake of keeping it going. I love all the characters and am glad that you are going to give a spin-off for them to continue with a whole new adventure. I will definitely continue to support them!

91. lp says:

My heart sank when I read that the ‘Rose’ series was ending and the next second I was ecstatic to hear it would be continuing with Rose and Neely Kate. Not a Mason fan – but would love to see her with Skeeter. (yah I know that life wouldn’t really work out for her unless he went legit).
    Thank you Denise for your wonderful writing and characters; I have read several of your book series and loved everyone of them. I will continue reading.

92. Macy says:

May can’t get here soon enough! I just can’t wait to see how the story ends. I’m still #teamjoe! I’m also looking forward to the next set of shenanigans Rose and Neely Kate find themselves in! Thank you for keeping Rose alive in our imaginations!

93. Lisa says:

I absolutely love this series and hate to see it end! I can never wait until the books come out and then I read them too quick!! Thank you for the great stories! Looking forward to more Rose and Neely Kate…Love them!!!

94. Leigh Ann Miller says:

Thank you for this series–it has brought me much enjoyment. I am sad it will be ending, but am intrigued re: the new books. I love the characters and am glad they will continue. I feel like it may be too soon to wrap up the Joe/Rose/Mason storyline and I truly hope this doesn’t end with Rose alone.
    I suppose if I had to choose, it would be Joe, because it all began with him and the two of them sitting on the front porch drinking beer 🙂
    Thank you Denise!

95. Gloria Edwards says:

Love all your series. Just wondering if you plan another book in the Substitute and Gambler series. Let us know what is happening with the characters in those three books.

96. Renee says:

To those who wanted to see an end to the series, Shame on you for voicing your opinion!! I absolutely fell in love with reading again because of this series! Thank you for that! thereforer, I am excited that you will continue on with roses story! Amy can’t come soon enough!

97. Melissa millham says:

I just finished the last rose Gardner book (until May), it’s 11:00 at night and I can’t sleep because my heart is pounding so fast. For a book to have me in its grip like this is astounding! The characters are so real, the emotions are so real, and the situations are just as unpredictable as life. I have been an avid reader of the series since the beginning, have waited very impatiently for every release in the series. And now I am SO sad to hear that it is ending. But I will follow rose and Neely Kate to the very end. I don’t normally write on things like this because I don’t think the author actually gets to read all the comments(I couldn’t read them all, there were so many), but from what little I have read, you have such a loyal fan base, I hope you do get a chance to read them. Even if it is just one or two a day. your characters in the rose Gardner series are just as real to us as they are to you and I know you’ll do right by them. Good luck!

• Melissa millham says:

P.S. Team Mason all the way! Want a man that treats me like a person, not a play thing, an object, or a china doll.

98. Divya says:

When is the audiobook for thirty five and a half conspiracies coming out? I am an avid listener and love the way the characters come to life on an audiobook. Waiting for both the audiobooks and many more to come of the Rose Gardener and Neely kate series.

99. Terri says:

Thank you for this series. I have been with you since the beginning. Just finished Thirty-Five and was sad to read that Thirty-Six would be the last in the series. Love all of the characters….. Partial to Joe! Will definitely be with Rose and Neely Kate. I feel like I know them. Can’t wait! I’m sure that I will love this new series just as much…

100. Katie says:

Hi Denise! Like many readers, I downloaded 28 and a half for my monthly book club meeting. By the time we met to discuss, I had read all the way to 35! I couldn’t put the series down, and I guess I should consider myself fortunate that I only have to wait 3 months for 36 and a half. In the meantime, it’s been fun to read all of the reviews on Amazon, iTunes, your blog, etc. I’ve been trying to decipher whether the masses want Rose to end up with Mason or Joe or even Skeeter (though I personally feel like he’s more of outlaw father figure to her) in hope that you might try to please your readers. But I suspect you’ve finished this story line in your head ages ago. On the off chance you have multiple endings prepared and are just waiting to choose, let me say – please let it be Mason! 🙂 As you know, you can’t make everyone happy, but I’ve thoroughly enjoyed this series, and I look forward to Rose’s next adventure!

101. Terri says:

It’s Joe for me……

102. Donna says:

I was so lucky. I started reading the series just last year so when I would finish one, I could start the next. I think I cried through the entire first book. I finished all of them over Christmas and I have been going through withdraws. I am so excited that there will be a 36 and that it will continue afterward!
    Thank you!!!

103. Hillary says:

I am kind of glad to hear that the series “ending”– maybe shifting is a better word? But I’m equally glad that Rose and Neely Kate will continue on. I hope the relationship drama comes to a close too (#TeamMason all the way), and we can focus on mysteries!

104. Kaitlin says:

Counting down the days for this release!!! I have loved this series so much and cant wait to see how it ends. #TEAMMASON all the way! *fingers crossed* they end up together in the end. Cant wait to read the new series coming out about Rose!!

105. Skatie says:

I read 36 the day it was released on iBooks (thank goodness for preorders!), unable to put it down as has been the case with all the others. I loved the way it ended and can’t wait for more – I’m so relieved to hear that you’re not ending Rose altogether!

So…hopefully this isn’t a spoiler, but the phrase “family jewels” is specifically mentioned in 36, and is also the name of the next book. Deliberate or coincidental?

• melissa nesheim says:

The last 3 books of the series had me full of anxiety. I’m glad it got rid of the evil JR and Hilary, as well. A bit too much evil for me. I’m glad of the prospect of a relationship with James Malcom (Skeeter) in the new series. I’ve loved Rose with all 3 men in different ways but something about James and Rose together, intrigues me right now. But again, with a little growth from each of the 3 male characters, the love story could blossom and go anywhere. Speaking of the ending in terms of the love story, I hated how Mason broke up with Rose so suddenly at the end (and with this being the last book in this series). It left me distraught. I realize that I need more of a happy ending. Or at least a more hopeful one. I really was loving Mason and Rose’s intense love relationship,. I did feel Mason would need to make some adjustments to how he viewed marriage though, if he wanted anything lasting and full.

106. MScott says:

I just recently found the series and read all the books in two weeks and am absolutely devastated to find out thirty six and a half motives is the last book!!!! I will impatiently wait for the new series hoping to find out if Rose ends up with Mason I need to know!!!!!

107. tannz says:

I just recently finished the RAGM Series. Excellent reading. Love all the characters except for J.R.Simmons of course. LOL. As for who Rose should be with? Love her friendship with Neely Kate. But for a mate, I kinda hope she and Joe work their way back together. I love Mason, but he’s always going to have issues with her friends and his image and while she won’t have that issue with Skeeter, she’s probably going to have issues with the dark side of his business life. He cannot be King without be scary, and he cannot be scary without shedding blood, even if it’s just a little.

As for Joe, he’s now shed the Albatross of his father and can change freely to be the man he wants to be. Also it would be poetic justice for Rose to end up being the mother of that monsters grand-children, simply because J.R. hated Rose. Anyway, Rose changed Joe’s life and he moved closer to her. She changed Mason’s life and he moved away. With the death of his father, Joe’s view of reality should be now firmly in the gray, like Rose’s. Otherwise all that trauma and drama that lead to his growth and his acceptance as Rose as a formidable women would mean little.

108. Felicity says:

I’ve been reading the Rose Gardner mystery books for ages! I love them all! I have loved and hated both Joe and Mason, but it has been brilliant! I really hoped that they would get married and live happily ever after! I thought you’d finished writing them when I got to book 6, I couldn’t find them anywhere!

I really look forward to reading the new series with Rose and Neely Kate. I really hope it’s as good as the others! You’re an amazing author and I have recommended you to many friends and family!

Thank you!

109. Katie C. says:

Is an audiobook of Thirty-six and a Half Motives going to be published? I’ve listened to the entire series and I can’t wait to find out what happens next!

• Denise Grover Swank says:

The audiobook has been recorded and is currently in review. Hopefully, it will release SOON!

110. Connie Kellett says:

I absolutely love the Rose Gardener series and I am so excited you are continuing on with her in another series. I can’t wait to start reading the next adventure of Rose & Neel Kate 🙂

111. CJ says:

I absolutely loved the Rose Gardner series!! Finished the series in two weeks. As soon as I finished one book, I moved on to the next. Can’t wait for the Rose and Neely Kate series!!! Thank you for not completely ending the Rose Gardner adventures.
    P.S. I loved all characters in the series. ( including Skeeter Malcolm)

112. Dianna says:

I have very much enjoyed Rose Gardner Series. I have been so intrigued that I have lost sleep over reading. I read every second I can find just to capture a line here or there. I just could not put it down. I was so disappointed when I finished the last book. I was not ready to stop reading about Rose and her life. I spent so much time reading and developing such a relationship with her that her and her friends felt like apart of my life. I cried and laughed. It was a remarkable series and I look forward to reading more about Rose and Neely Kate in her new series. I also look forward reading more about Skeeter James Malcome! I am pleased that he will be in the new Rose and Neely Kate series.
    I will and I do feel at a loss knowing that I am not able to just pick up and read about my friends Rose, Neely Kate, James, and the rest of the friends. Therefore, the new series can’t come quick enough!!
    Thank you!! Thank you for sharing with all of us and for continuing with Rose and her friends!

113. Judy says:

I’m so excited that Rose will go on! Yes!!
    The guy who complained so much above should have kept reading. The books got better and better.

Joe was a whimp, did what Daddy wanted him to do or at least it seemed that way for awhile. I never trusted him! And Mason, I didn’t like him. Neither man was good enough for Rose.

Maybe in this next series she will find the right man.
    I think Malcom is the man for her. Maybe he will change his occupation for Rose. We all know he loves her!

I have a suggestion… This comment box should be at the top of the comments. Too much to scroll through.

114. Sharon Kleinke says:

I love, love this series. DGS, IS THE VERY BEST Author I have ever read. I have gotten about 10 friends hooked as well. I can’t get enough of Rose. Nothing I read can even compare. I’m hooked. Keep up the good work and keep Rose out there for us.

115. Camilla says:

My husband would like to say thank you for ending the Rose Gardner Mysteries – it means he gets his wife back! I have binge read all the Rose books (and the novellas in between) over a period of a week and a half, neglecting the housework, cooking, gardening, ironing etc. I even set the alarm an hour earlier before normal wake up time to get a dose of Rose in before getting up…… Loved every single book. I haven’t told him about the Investigation series that is coming…. !

116. Judy says:

I am a avid reader and I have fell in love with this series. Denise swank has written the best series I have ever read and I have actually read the whole series 4 times. I do not want to see it come to an end but am glad to here there will be another series continuing with Rose and her world. I wish someone was smart enough to turn this into a TV series because I would definitely be a #1 fan as I already am about the books. Good luck in the continued success of your books Mrs swank. If you like these books you should also try some of her others. They are wonderful too, but Rose Gardner Mysteries will always top the list.

• Melissa says:

Boy, I have thought that same thing, (well that someone needs to turn this into a movie but I will take a tv show, for sure!!!!!) I have had several friends say that reading was Such Fun again, after reading the Rose Gardner series.